“Personal Data” is defined as any data or information by which an individual can be identified: s.2(1) of the Act
- Collection & Consent
- Personal Data may be collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
- when you order or purchase products or services from us;
- when you submit an enquiry/feedback or interact with our staffs (eg. via meetings, emails, websites, mobile app or telephone calls) and/or fill up the feedback forms available at our outlets;
- when you make redemptions of points and/or e-vouchers;
- when you establish any online accounts with us and/or pass us your namecards;
- when you request that we contact you, be included in an email or other mailing list;
- when you respond to our promotions, campaigns or other initiatives or attend our events;
- when we receive references from business partners and third parties
- when you visit our websites and/or use our mobile application;
- when you take part in any contest or survey conducted by us;
- when we receive information about you from third party social networking services when you choose to connect with those services;
- when you provide or contemplate providing security to us for a transaction;
- when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and/or
- when we collect your Personal Data by other lawful means.
- Unless permitted by applicable laws, we will not collect Personal Data without
- You warrant and represent to us that (a) Personal Data which you disclose to us is accurate and complete; and (b) where you volunteer Personal Data of another person to us, that you are authorized by such other person to disclose such Personal Data to us, and that such Personal Data is accurate and complete.
- You shall consult your parent or guardian before giving us your Personal Data if you are under the age of eighteen.
- Use and Disclosure of your Personal Data
- Your Personal Data may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- to verify and process your personal particulars;
- to provide goods and services to you;
- to respond and deal with enquiries, feedbacks and customer-care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- to manage payment, billing, accounting matters;
- to send you information, promotions, updates, and marketing and advertising materials in relation to our goods and services and/or in relation to your privacy settings in your accounts;
- to manage, develop and improve our business and operations to serve you better;
- to carry out marketing promotions and campaigns, contests and lucky draws and/or personalising your experience at our customer touchpoints;
- to carry out market research and customer surveys;
- to conduct investigations or audits;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- for other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
- for any other purposes reasonably necessary, ancillary or related to the above specified purposes.
- Your Personal Data may be disclosed for the purposes indicated above to our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors, which include without limitation, the following persons or entities:
- banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
- logistics and courier services companies;
- relevant government regulators or authorities or law enforcement agencies;
- our insurers and advisors, including consultants, auditors and lawyers;
- our affiliated entities;
- data intermediaries; and
- any other party to whom you authorise us to disclose your Personal Data to.
- Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that such parties receiving your Personal Data
- are under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your Personal Data; and
- have the need to know or handle such Personal Data.
- Access to Personal Data and Withdrawal of Consent
- If you have established an online account with us (e.g. membership), you can access and/or amend your Personal Data by logging in to your account via the website and/or mobile application. You may withdraw your consent for specific forms of communication via your privacy settings available in your account.
- You may also withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your Personal Data at any time by writing to the head office (and attention it to SCC Data Protection Officer).
- Upon giving SCC 30 days’ notice of withdrawal of consent and as soon as reasonably practicable, SCC shall cease to continue using such personal data.
- Accuracy & Correction
- We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information collected is accurate, relevant and up to date.
- To help us maintain the accuracy of your Personal Data, we encourage you to inform us when there are any changes to your Personal Data which you have provided us by writing to the head office (and attention it to SCC Data Protection Officer).
- Care of Personal Data
We will endeavour to protect your Personal Data in our possession or control against risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or destruction, through reasonable and appropriate security measures. Notwithstanding our security measures for protecting your Personal Data, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and by providing your Personal Data, you are transmitting information at your own risk.
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you use our products or services and it is necessarily required or relevant for business or legal purposes.
We may gather information on our website and/or mobile application activity, such as data on the number of visitors/downloaders, the pages they visit, the duration of their stay, etc. Such information is collected on an aggregate, anonymous basis, which means no Personal Data is associated with this data gathered through the use of web server logs and cookies (unless you provide such information or login to your account).
- Contact us
Should you have any query, request or feedback relating to your Personal Data, please write to us at:
Attn: SCC Data Protection Officer
Sarika Connoisseur Cafe Pte. Ltd.
No.1 Irving Road,
Sarika Connoisseur Building, Level 7,
Tel: 6336 5675
Fax: 6280 2016
For more information about the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act, please visit http://www.pdpc.gov.sg.
Last updated 30th December 2014